Toolmaker Job Summary
As a toolmaker you will use blueprints to determine project specifications, set up and operate machine tools. This position is excellent for anyone with exceptional technical expertise and a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Use blueprints and specifications to plan operations for the tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
- Study specification plans and blueprints to determine the proper assembly, alignment, and calibration of machines.
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools.
- Tolerance could be as close to plus or minus .0002.
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts.
- Must have own tools needed to perform required work.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Follow operator’s responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by production supervisor or general manager.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- • High School diploma or equivalent.
• Three years’ experience building precision fixtures, gages, and machine parts.
• Must be able to stand for shift durations.
• Excellent visual accuracy preferred.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and job process routing sheets.
• Ability to operate Bridgeport’s, lathes, jig bores, and surface grinders.
• Ability to use standard measuring equipment to validate product conformance to requirements.
• Good math skills is required.
• Knowledge of trigonometry and geometry is helpful.
• Flexible to work long hours as required to meet project deadlines.
Pay range: $22-$30/hour